Convenience Care/Walk-in Clinics
When you want fast and affordable medical care for certain common ailments that have specific treatments, you can access convenience care clinics that are in-network providers for all UPlan Medical Program options:
- Gopher Quick Clinic - Twin Cities campus
- QuickCare - Duluth campus
- MinuteClinic locations in the Twin Cities, Target Clinic, and other convenience care clinics
No Appointment or Referral Required
The walk-in clinics do not require appointments or referrals, and the visits generally take about 15 minutes. Show the clinician your UPlan card to verify that you are an active participant in one of the UPlan medical options.
Copayment for Treatments and Screenings
You will have a $15 to $20 copayment per visit for treatments and screenings. There is no copayment for immunizations. In Medica HSA, the cost of the visit is applied to the deductible, or if funds are available, it is paid out of the account balance.
The clinics are staffed by board-certified physician assistants or nurse practitioners who are trained to diagnose, treat, and provide prescriptions when needed. If necessary, they will refer you to your regular health care provider.
The Gopher Quick Clinic offers health care services to faculty, staff, and their dependents who are enrolled in a UPlan medical plan with the exception of Medica ACO Plan, unless you are a member of the Fairview & North Memorial Vantage with Medica ACO.
- Gopher Quick Clinic's Minneapolis location is located on the third floor (entry level) in Boynton Health Service, 410 Church Street SE, on the East Bank.
- Gopher Quick Clinic at Boynton's St. Paul Clinic location is located on the first floor in 109 Coffey Hall, across from the St. Paul Student Center
QuickCare offers health care services for UMD faculty, staff, and their dependents who are enrolled in a UPlan medical plan.
QuickCare is located in Room 247C Kirby Plaza on the UMD campus.