P&A Fiscal Emergency Termination of Appointment Letter Checklist
A fiscal emergency termination letter for a P&A position must include each of the following provisions:
- Indicate that University employment is being terminated for reason of fiscal emergency,reference the Board of Regents Declaration of Fiscal Emergency (pdf) policy.
- University job title and corresponding job code.
- Employee ID.
- Specific University of Minnesota college/campus/administrative unit and, if applicable, department/division for this position.
- Percent time of appointment.
- Appointment type.
- Appointment term (length of appointment).
- Actual end date of the appointment. Note: Notice shall be provided in compliance with the notice requirement set forth in University policy.
- Reference termination is in accordance with Board of Regents and University policy.
- Referral to Employee Benefits for questions regarding benefit continuation and also to other resources within and outside the University.
- Signature of responsible administrator.
NOTE: Must obtain approval for action from senior vice president, Academic Health Center or senior vice president and provost; Office of Human Resources; and Office of the General Counsel.