Personal & Scheduled Floating Holiday
Personal Holiday-Twin Cities and Rochester Campuses
A personal holiday is provided to academic, civil service, and labor represented staff employees in lieu of a scheduled "floating" holiday on which the campus is to be closed. This holiday must be taken during the fiscal year between the dates of July 1 and June 30. It cannot be banked or used outside this period, or it is lost.
For further detail refer to the following:
- Eligibility and Guidelines for Use of Personal Holidays for Academic Employees on the Twin Cities and Rochester Campuses (pdf)
- Eligibility and Guidelines for Use of Personal Holidays for Civil Service and Union-Represented Staff Employees on the Twin Cities and Rochester Campuses (pdf)
Rules and contract language governing leave for personal holidays vary by employee group. Be sure to consult the appropriate governing document.
- LELS, Article 21—Holidays (pdf)
- Teamsters, Article 29—Holidays (pdf)
- AFSCME Unit 4, Article 5—Holidays (pdf)
- AFSCME Unit 6, Article 15—Holidays (pdf)
- AFSCME Unit 7, Article 15—Holidays (pdf)
- Civil Service Rules, Rule 10—Hours of Work, Overtime, Holidays, Reporting and Callback (pdf)
Scheduled Floating Holiday- Crookston, Duluth, and Morris Campuses
On the Crookston, Duluth, and Morris campuses, a floating holiday is set each year by administrators in lieu of a personal holiday scheduled at the faculty or staff employee's option. The entire campus will be closed on the chosen date, affecting all academic, civil service, and union-represented staff employees.
For contract language regarding Leaves of Absence for Crookston and Duluth faculty, refer to: