Employees who qualify can request a paid parental leave for the birth or adoption of their child. If your spouse gives birth or adopts a child, you may also qualify for a paid parental leave. Parental leaves for University employees range from two weeks to six weeks depending on your employee group.
Policies, rules and contract language governing parental leave vary by employee group. For more details about eligibility for and length of parental leave, read the policy for your employee group.
- LELS, Article 19—Leaves of Absence (pdf)
- Teamsters, Article 19—Leaves of Absence (pdf)
- AFSCME Unit 4, Article 8—Leaves of Absence (pdf)
- AFSCME Unit 6, Article 18—Leaves of Absence (pdf)
- AFSCME Unit 7, Article 18—Leaves of Absence (pdf)
- Civil Service Rules, Rule 11—Leaves of Absence (pdf)
- Parental Leave for Academic Employees
- UEA Article 600.000—Leaves of Absence (UMC) (pdf)
- UEA Article 600.000—Leaves of Absence (UMD) (pdf)
- Graduate Assistant Employment Policy