University of Minnesota faculty and staff members have access to countless entertainment, education, and money-saving opportunities through the University.
- Regents Scholarship Program helps pay employee tuition for University courses.
- Personal Technology. Faculty and staff can save on software, hardware, cell phone service, and more through the Office of Information Technology and the M Tech in the Bookstore.
- Movie Tickets and More. Discounted movie tickets, Metro Transit passes, tickets to local attractions, and more are on sale at the Coffman Union Information Desk or the St. Paul Information Desk in the Student Unions.
- College of Continuing Education (CCE). Staff and faculty members receive a 50% discount on professional development courses, which cover a range of areas.
- Outdoor Equipment Rental. Faculty and staff can rent equipment from the University Recreation and Wellness, including tents, bikes, canoes, paddleboards, and more.
- Look for more discounts in college and administrative units.
University Added-Value Perks
- Fresh Meat and Dairy Products. The Food Science and Nutrition Department's Dairy Food Products Salesroom is open to the public.
- Farmers Market. From farm to table, the market offers produce and flowers that are freshly picked from July to October. Cornercopia, a University of Minnesota student-managed farm, sells organically grown produce at the market.
- Bell Museum of Natural History, the Goldstein Museum of Design, the Weisman Art Museum, and other free museums and galleries.
- University Events. Search among hundreds of on-campus lectures, performances, and events.
- Gopher Sports. Watch student athletes compete in over a dozen sports. Look for emails on ticket discounts from the Athletics Department.
- University Libraries. All faculty and staff can use the campus libraries to get answers to questions, use online databases and streaming services, or check out materials and have them delivered to your workplace.
Discounts Outside the U
- Entertainment, Services, and Travel Discounts through Minnesota Employee Recreation & Services Council (MERSC). University employees can get discounts on event tickets, home and professional services, and more through the Minnesota Employee Recreation & Services Council (MERSC). For information on how to get your discounts, the proof of employment you'll need, and other restrictions, see the MERSC site. (All discounts offered through UPerks, whether they are listed here or with MERSC, are given without any endorsement or guarantee from the University of Minnesota. The University is not liable for businesses not honoring discounts.)