Events and Workshops
Want to meet with Fidelity?
For information on the upcoming retirement plan transition to Fidelity, go to the Retirement Transition Events page
- Health Benefits Workshop
- Pre-Retirement Planning Seminars
- 2019 National Retirement Security Week: Personal Finance Webinars
This workshop is for employees who are interested in learning more about their benefit options—medical, dental, pre-tax flexible spending accounts, life insurance, and disability benefits—and would like assistance before completing their enrollment online. This workshop complements the New Employee Welcome by providing detailed benefits information. New employees should plan to attend the earliest session following their start date at the University.
Please register in advance.
If you have questions, call 612-624-8647, select option 1, to reach Employee Benefits.
|Friday, February 14||9:00 to 10:30 a.m.||210 Donhowe, East Bank|
|Friday, March 20||9:00 to 10:30 a.m.||210 Donhowe, East Bank|
|Thursday, April 30||9:00 to 10:30 a.m.||210 Donhowe, East Bank|
|Friday, May 22||9:00 to 10:30 a.m.||210 Donhowe, East Bank|
If you are not able to attend a scheduled workshop, you can view the slides for the Health Benefits Workshop presentation.
Workshop slides (PDF)
On March 7 and 12, 2019, the University held pre-retirement seminars for employees close to retirement. You can see a recording of select presentations below:
- "Estate Planning" by Gray Plant Mooty
- "Are You Emotionally Ready For Retirement?" by Fidelity
- "Required Minimum Distributions (RMDs) and Other Income Options" by Fidelity
- University of Minnesota Retirees Association (UMRA) and University Retirees Volunteer Center (URVC)
- "Retiree Medical and Medicare" by OHR Benefits
During October 21-25, 2019, the University organized financial webinars put on by providers of the Voluntary Retirement Plans. Posted below are select recordings from those sessions:
Webinars from Fidelity Investments
- Prepare for the Reality of Health Care in Retirement
- Preserving Your Savings for Future Generations
- Take the First Step to Investing
- Turn Your Savings into Retirement Income
- Invest Confidently for Your Future
Webinars from Securian
- Social Security and Medicare | workbook (pdf)
- Personal Finance | workbook (pdf)
- Retirement Saving | workbook (pdf)