OHR Inclusion Council
The purpose of the Inclusion Council is to foster ways to make OHR as inclusive and welcoming of a workplace as possible, providing OHR staff with the knowledge and skills to better interact with all populations represented at the University of Minnesota and its partners.
December 2: Join us for a training on "The History of Federal Indian Policy and Impact," from 9:00 to 11:00 a.m., led by Karen Diver, the University’s senior advisor to the president for Native American Affairs. Look for an email invitation with the Zoom link.
Every Tuesday: Inclusion Council weekly meetings. The council welcomes all OHR staff on Tuesdays each week from 11:30 a.m. to noon to share support and encouragement with one another in becoming a more inclusive community. Contact Josh Iniguez (firstname.lastname@example.org) for the Zoom link.
Alternate Thursdays: Courageous Conversations. The University has partnered with Courageous Conversations, an organization dedicated to achieving racial equity in the U.S., to identify ways to bring transformational change to the University's human resource practices. As part of those efforts, OHR hosts optional meetings every other Thursday to come together to share insights and learnings, how you are putting that learning into practice, and how OHR can move the work forward. See your Google calendar for upcoming conversations, or contact Ashley Dziuk for the Zoom link to an upcoming meeting.
Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion Resources
- "Tips for Navigating Challenging Conversations"
- "What Did You Just Say? Responses to Racist Comments"
- Books on equity, diversity, and inclusion
- TED Talks on equity, diversity, and inclusion
- University affinity groups: The Office for Equity and Diversity provides contact information for affinity groups such as the Black Faculty & Staff Association, Disabled Employees at the U, Pride at Work, and many others.
- More resources
The MEDIA (Multicultural Explorations in Diversity, Inclusion, and Awareness) Club is a periodic discussion group for books, audio, video, and other media, as a way of promoting challenging conversations about inclusion, equity, and diversity. Look for Inclusion Council emails on upcoming events.
- November 2021: "Highlighting Native American Heritage Month"
- November 2021: "Addressing Environmental and Climate Justice"
- September 2021: "Celebrating National Hispanic Heritage Month"
- August 2021: "Understanding Gender Identity"
- July 2021: "Health and Wellbeing in the Flexible Workplace"
- June 2021: "Celebrating Pride Month"
- May 2021: "Exploring Generational Differences in the Workplace"
- April 2021: "April Is Celebrate Diversity Month"
- March 2021: "Women's History Month"
- February 2021: "Black History Month"
Inclusion Council Charter
Read the Inclusion Council's brief charter to learn more about the group's vision, mission, purpose, and primary activities.
- Co-chairs: Josh Iniguez, email@example.com; Sondang Cornelia, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Equity, diversity, and inclusion consultant: Patricia Izek, email@example.com
- Council members and contact information
- Inclusion Council Slack channel