Employee Emergency Assistance Fund
The University of Minnesota Employee Emergency Assistance Fund has been established to assist and support staff who are experiencing an unforeseen, temporary financial hardship due to the COVID-19 public health emergency. The fund provides limited, short-term financial assistance for employees who are unable to meet immediate, essential expenses.
This fund is available to full-time and part-time faculty and staff. Student workers and student employees are not eligible. To view financial assistance information for students, please visit the Student Emergency Relief Fund.
For those selected, the limit is $500 per employee per year.
To be eligible, you must:
Be an active full or part-time University of Minnesota employee (not students or temp/casual employees) on the Crookston, Duluth, Morris, Rochester, or Twin Cities campus or Extension.
Able to demonstrate an unforeseen temporary financial hardship due to COVID-19.
Complete all application questions in full including how the emergency grant funds will be spent.
The application (pdf) is available.
- There are 3 options for completing this application:
- Complete the document electronically, and submit.
- Print the application form, complete it, scan, and send the application to email@example.com.
- Print the application form, complete it, and mail it to the Office of Human Resources at 100 Donhowe Building, 319 15th Ave. S.E., Minneapolis, MN 55455. Be sure to sign and date the form to verify that the information is valid and accurate. The completed application will be reviewed by the Employee Emergency Fund Committee. If an application is funded, a check or debit card will be disbursed at the earliest possible time.
Information provided by grant applicants will be treated as confidential and shared only with individuals directly involved in grant administration, processing, and tax reporting.
If you have questions about the application, email firstname.lastname@example.org, or call 612-624-8647, or 800-756-2363.
- Note: Fund availability is subject to donations; due to limited available funds, not all requests can be approved, even when a clear need for assistance is present.
Donate to the Fund
To contribute to the fund, visit the U of M Employee Emergency Assistance Fund. Donating online is fast and easy and will have a direct impact on our University community. Contributions are generally tax-deductible, subject to your personal tax and financial situation.
Funding for the Employee Emergency Assistance Fund is provided through the generosity of the faculty and staff of the University of Minnesota through the Foundation.