Dental Plan Descriptions
You do not need to select a primary care dental clinic when you enroll in any of the dental plan options. Call the plan's customer service number to confirm that your dentist is in the plan's network.
Delta Dental PPO
- Base plan for Twin Cities, surrounding counties, and Duluth zone
- Affordable, network-only plan
- Offers benefits and the greatest cost savings when receiving care from a dentist participating in the Delta Dental PPO network, with the exception for out-of-network emergencies
- Delta Dental PPO network includes nearly 1,700 participating dentists and specialists in 75 Minnesota counties and border communities
- National Delta Dental PPO network offers 89,500 participating dentists across the country
Delta Dental Premier
- Base plan for Greater Minnesota zone
- Flexible plan that offers access to the broad Delta Dental Premier network as well as access to the more cost-effective Delta Dental PPO network
- Has largest dental network in the country with over 145,000 participating providers
- In Minnesota, the Delta Dental Premier network is also the largest dental network with more than 3,100 dentists and specialists in 86 Minnesota counties and border communities
- Seeing a dentist in either of the Delta Dental networks will help you make the most of your benefits and can result in lower out-of-pocket costs
- While you can always see an out-of-network dentist, your out-of-pocket costs may be higher
Need More Information?
You can find out if your dentist is in a given plan by calling their customer service number or visiting the dental plan’s website.