Who We Are
Employee Relations provides expert and collaborative consultation services with the goal of fostering successful and effective work environments. We are a team of six HR consultants with deep experience in HR best practices across multiple sectors. We are distinguished by our keen understanding of University policies and procedures and the nuances of Union contract negotiations.
What We Do
- We serve as trusted advisors to the HR community, union-represented employees, and managers and supervisors from across the University system.
- We help ensure the equitable application of policies and practices by providing expert consultation, advocacy, and support.
- We engage with stakeholders to support an effective work environment and productive, mutually respectful relationships that align with the University’s mission and values.
How We Can Help
- Interprets and applies employment-related policies, rules, and contracts, including guidance on policies without precedent
- Assists with performance management issues, ranging from hiring, rewards and recognition to discipline and termination
- Resolves conflicts and manages difficult workplace situations, including facilitating Union grievances
- Provides customized training on employment subjects
- Leads units through organizational development and structural changes
- Supports unit HR in meeting the MPact 2025 goals to increase job satisfaction, recruit and retain diverse students, faculty, and staff, and support on-campus employment opportunities for all students