Finance Careers at the U
Begin a finance career at the University! We are now accepting applications for our level 1 and 2 positions. If you have a bachelor’s degree in business, economics, accounting, or a related field, or four years of combined education and related work experience, we'd like to hear from you. (Level 2 positions require an additional two years of work and/or experience.)
To See Current Openings
Visit our Finance Professional 1 and 2 job posting.
To Apply for Jobs
- From the Finance Professional 1 and 2 job posting (see above), click "Apply" to complete an online application
- Current U of M employees may contact Jesse Vega at firstname.lastname@example.org to place a confidential expression of interest.
- To request an accommodation during the application process, email email@example.com or call 612-624-8647.
- Within two or three workdays, applicants who meet qualifications will get an email with a link to a brief (less than five minutes) placement questionnaire. Complete and submit the questionnaire noting your areas of interest and experience.
- You are now eligible for consideration for current and future vacancies for up to two years.
- Remember to keep your application materials current!
- To update your personal information: Log in to the account you created during the application process, then click on My Account Information.
- To add attachments to your application: Click on My Activities.
To learn more about finance career paths and compensation structure at the University, see our Finance job family chart.
The University Values Diversity and Inclusion
The University doesn't just accept difference—we celebrate it, support it, and thrive on it. We have made a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion. We hire employees with varying identities and backgrounds and provide equal access and opportunity without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, gender, age, marital status, disability, public assistance status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression. To learn more, visit the University's Office of Equity and Diversity web page.
About the U
The University of Minnesota is a world-class, public research university dedicated to meeting the challenges of the future with a diverse and global workforce. We change lives—through research, education, and outreach. Our high employee satisfaction scores are comparable to top-performing corporations. Surveys consistently show that U of M employees are happy with their jobs, the people they work with, and the benefits they receive.
The University is also committed to keeping our employees and their families healthy—physically, emotionally, financially, socially, and professionally. Here are just some of the many benefits of working at the U:
- Competitive wages, vacation and sick leave
- Full medical, dental, and pharmacy plans
- Retirement, life insurance, and short-and long-term disability insurance
- A wellness program that rewards you for doing healthy activities
- Tuition benefits to further your education while you work
- Opportunity for public employer student loan forgiveness
- Leadership development and training opportunities
- Opportunity to work in a culturally rich environment
Be a part of the University of Minnesota. Together, we'll change the world.