Finance Careers at the U
Begin a finance career at the University! We are now accepting applications for our level 1 and 2 positions. If you have a bachelor’s degree in business, economics, accounting, or a related field, or four years of combined education and related work experience, we'd like to hear from you. (Level 2 positions require an additional two years of work and/or experience.)
To See Current Openings
Visit our job search page and filter your search by the Finance job family in the left column.
To Apply for Jobs
- From the Finance Professional 1 and 2 job postings, click "Apply" to complete an online application
- Current U of M employees may contact Leanne Otto at firstname.lastname@example.org or Dan Thompson at email@example.com to place a confidential expression of interest.
- To request an accommodation during the application process, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 612-624-8647.
- Within two or three workdays, applicants who meet qualifications will get an email with a link to a brief (less than five minutes) placement questionnaire. Complete and submit the questionnaire noting your areas of interest and experience.
- You are now eligible for consideration for current and future vacancies for up to two years.
- Remember to keep your application materials current!
- To update your personal information: Log in to the account you created during the application process, then click on My Account Information.
- To add attachments to your application: Click on My Activities.
To learn more about finance career paths and compensation structure at the University, see our Finance job family chart.
Learn more about the University's commitment to diversity and inclusion.