Layoff List Teamsters
You may choose to be placed on the layoff list once you have received a written notice of layoff and it has been determined that there are no vacancies or bumps for which you are eligible. If you are eligible for the Staff Layoff Severance Program for Civil Service/Bargaining Unit employees, you may still choose to participate in that program on your last day of work. If you participate in that program, you would be removed from the layoff list.
In order to be placed on the University of Minnesota layoff list:
- You must have received a written notice of layoff and a copy of your notice must be received by the layoff list coordinator.
- You must complete an application in the online Employment System on MyU.
You should complete your application in great detail, as it will be used to determine your qualification for all positions. Your application must indicate that you meet all the essential qualifications of a position in order for your application to be referred to the hiring authority. It is a good idea to keep a copy of your application for future reference.
If you would like to talk with a Job Center Consultant about how to complete your application or prepare for an interview, please contact the Office of Human Resources at 612-624-8647 or 800-756-2363 in Greater Minnesota.
- You must request in writing or by email (email@example.com) to be placed on the layoff list.
You will have rights to apply for vacancies within the promotional priority period for classifications within the Teamster Bargaining Unit. Contract language determines who will be hired for vacancies and also what probationary period will be served.
If you are hired from the layoff list, your unused sick leave balance (if you have one) and your vacation accumulation rate will be reinstated.
- Article 26 of the Teamster Contract (pdf)
- If you have any questions about the layoff list process, you may call 612-625-9853.