The mission of Payroll Services is to provide and promote the highest standards of payroll services to students, faculty, and staff in a pleasant, professional, and efficient manner.
Our primary objective is to help University departments produce timely and accurate compensation payments to employees, along with timely and accurate tax withholding and reporting to federal and state agencies.
For questions about payroll, contact 4-UOHR (612-624-8647 or 800-756-2363) or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Changes to OHR Contact Center and Donhowe In-Person Services
Until further notice, we have made these changes to OHR's in-person services in the Donhowe Building:
- The Contact Center has resumed taking phone calls. Phone numbers are the same as before—612-624-8647 or 800-756-2363. Or email email@example.com.
- For an I-9 appointment, all new foreign national employees should email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Employees are no longer able to pick up checks, W-2 reprints, and 1042-S reprints in person. These are being automatically mailed.
- Benefits consultations are now handled by phone or virtual meeting. Email or call to make an appointment.
- Intra-University Consulting
- Independent Contractor Authorization Form (pdf)
- Purchasing a Professional Service
- Professional Services Information Sheet (Word)
- Supplier Authorization Form (.docx)
See Internal Controls—Departmental Payroll Processing (pdf) for recommended controls to use with:
- General payroll processing
- Prompt employee wage payments
- Time card processing
- Vacation and sick leave processing
- PeopleSoft entry and verification of payroll
- Overtime/comp time and miscellaneous earnings codes
Separation of Duties—Departmental Payroll Processing (pdf) provides guidelines for processing payroll as recommended by the University of Minnesota Department of Audits.
- Internal Revenue Service
- Minnesota Department of Revenue
- Human Resources Management Systems
- Sponsored Projects Administration
- International Student and Scholar Services
- Payroll Forum webinar (May 2017)