The mission of Payroll Services is to provide and promote the highest standards of payroll services to students, faculty, and staff in a pleasant, professional, and efficient manner.
Our primary objective is to help University departments produce timely and accurate compensation payments to employees, along with timely and accurate tax withholding and reporting to federal and state agencies.
For questions about payroll, contact 4-UOHR (612-624-8647 or 800-756-2363) or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Payroll Services Has Moved
Payroll Services in the Office of Human Resources has a new location: We are now in the Donhowe Building, Room B20 (basement level), 319 15th Avenue SE, on the East Bank. For more information, call 4-UOHR (612-624-8647; 800-756-2363) or email email@example.com.
August 20 Payroll Forum WebEx Recording and Presentation Now Available
Payroll Services Visitor Hours
8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m., Monday–Friday
If you are a foreign national employee visiting Payroll Services for employment verification, reverification, or tax treaty matters, please call 4-UOHR (612-624-8647 or 800-756-2363) to make an appointment.
- Intra-University Consulting
- Independent Contractor Authorization Form (pdf)
- Purchasing a Professional Service
- Professional Services Information Sheet (Word)
- Supplier Authorization Form (pdf)
See Internal Controls—Departmental Payroll Processing (pdf) for recommended controls to use with:
- General payroll processing
- Prompt employee wage payments
- Time card processing
- Vacation and sick leave processing
- PeopleSoft entry and verification of payroll
- Overtime/comp time and miscellaneous earnings codes
Separation of Duties—Departmental Payroll Processing (pdf) provides guidelines for processing payroll as recommended by the University of Minnesota Department of Audits.
- Internal Revenue Service
- Minnesota Department of Revenue
- Human Resources Management Systems
- Sponsored Projects Administration
- International Student and Scholar Services
- Payroll Forum webinar (May 2017)