E2 Employee Engagement
- E2 Employee Engagement Tools and Resources for Supervisors
- "Why You Should Care About Engagement" Video
All upcoming sessions to support both employee engagement and supervisory development this summer are full. Additional information on these topics is available in the resources from the April 19 “Tools for Supervisors” in-person event and on supervising.umn.edu.
“A Model for Giving Effective Feedback”
Supervisors often use feedback as a communications tool to help their direct reports modify their behavior and subsequently improve learning and performance. This session will introduce you to the “Get Ready, Get Set, Give Feedback” framework to provide effective feedback and then apply this model to a case study.
- Monday, June 26, 11:30 a.m. to 1:00 p.m., Donhowe Building, Room 210 (East Bank/Dinkytown)—Session is full
- Tuesday, July 11, 11:30 a.m. to 1:00 p.m., Humphrey School, Freeman Commons-Room 205 (West Bank)—Session is full
- Thursday, August 10, 9:30 to 11:00 a.m., West Bank Office Building (WBOB), Room 142—Session is full
“How Staff Can Influence Culture, Climate, and Engagement”
After the University of Minnesota conducted a system-wide employee engagement survey, the School of Nursing looked at what they could do differently to positively impact their results. One effort was the creation of the Staff Employee Work Group to initiate change in collaboration with school leadership. From April 2014 to date, this Work Group has used the results to design several different initiatives to address survey results.
- Thursday, July 20, 11:30 a.m. to 1:00 p.m., Weaver-Densford Hall, Bentson Health Communities Innovation Center, Fourth Floor (East Bank)—Session is full
Conflict in the workplace may be uncomfortable for many, yet it does have a purpose. Do you find yourself avoiding conflict at all costs? Join the session to learn how to create more self-awareness regarding conflict, and build the skills needed to effectively manage conflict.
- Tuesday, July 25, 11:30 a.m. to 1:00 p.m., Humphrey School, Freeman Commons-Room 205 (West Bank)—Session is full
- Thursday, August 10, 12:30 to 2:00 p.m., West Bank Office Building (WBOB), Room 142Session is full
“Performance Management: Goal Setting and Check-Ins”
Performance reviews can be challenging for both supervisors and employees. Do you find yourself reviewing goals that might be out-of-date? Figuring out how to give feedback in a way that’s productive? This session will help dispel common misconceptions around performance management and identify a new approach to the performance management process including how to plan, coach, and evaluate performance throughout the year.
- Tuesday, June 27, 11:30 a.m. to 1:00 p.m., Donhowe Building, Room 210 (East Bank/Dinkytown)—Session is full
“Workload Distribution: Analyzing the Complexity of Individual’s Perceptions”
The Global Programs and Strategy Alliance (GPS) reviewed its results to the employee engagement survey question regarding equitable distribution of workload for the first two years of the survey. GPS leadership decided to explore this question further and identified a range of employee perceptions. Given the complexity of the issue, they have implemented a variety of initiatives in response to what they learned. Sessions resources are available for download (pdf).
Leaders from across the University gathered to talk about why employee engagement is important to the University of Minnesota. Over 500 people attended two panel discussions over the past year. This video captures highlights from the two panels: