Faculty and staff share their feedback on working at the University of Minnesota every other fall through the Employee Engagement Survey. During October 2019, 74% of staff and faculty responded to the survey. Weeks prior to the pandemic, leaders across the University were in the process of sharing, or preparing to share feedback from the 2019 survey with their colleges and units and take action to make improvements.
During the pandemic, the circumstances affecting employee engagement are much different than they were before. Despite the challenges we’re facing, we can all find ways to support employee engagement in our new work environment and these resources can be helpful.
- Supporting Wellbeing to ensure Employee Engagement during the pandemic (pdf)
- Article: "Cognitive load theory: Explaining our fight for focus"
- Article: “Your ‘surge capacity’ is depleted—it’s why you feel awful”
- Article: "We have all hit a wall"
- Accessing, understanding, and taking action on your engagement report
The next Employee Engagement Survey will take place from October 11–29.
Employee Engagement Resources for Leaders
Find resources for leaders and supervisors to support the survey and take action to improve employee engagement.
This online training module on employee engagement fundamentals is part of the Supervisory Development Course. Learn about the employee engagement cycle, steps to take during each cycle, and the resources to help you do it.