National Search: Vice President for Human Resources and Chief Human Resources Officer
Message from President Gabel - February, 2021
This month, we resume our search for the Vice President for Human Resources, a critical leadership position that reports directly to me and serves as a member of my cabinet. Much of the foundational work to prepare for the search was completed last year and will support a timeline that allows faculty, staff and students an opportunity to participate in the public interview process with final candidates before the end of the semester. My thanks to our co-chairs College of Science and Engineering Dean Mos Kaveh and Rochester Chancellor Lori Carrell, and members of the search committee, for their willingness to serve. I also want to thank Interim Vice President for Human Resources Ken Horstman for his leadership during this critical time for the University.
- Mos Kaveh, Dean, College of Science and Engineering (co-chair)
- Lori Carrell, Chancellor, University of Minnesota Rochester (co-chair)
- Mattea Allert, Graduate Student, College of Biological Sciences
- Tina Falkner, Director, Office of Student Finance-Office of the Executive Vice President and Provost, and former chair, Benefits Advisory Committee
- Erin Heath, Project Coordinator, Office of Institutional Analysis/Office of the Senior Vice President for Finance & Operations, and chair, P&A Consultative Committee
- Tina Marisam, Director, Office of Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action
- Ray Muno, IT Manager, Aerospace Engineering and Mechanics-CSE, and member, Civil Service Consultative Committee
- Michelle Page, Professor, Division of Education-University of Minnesota Morris, and member of Senate Committee on Faculty Affairs
- Mary Rohman Kuhl, Interim Senior Director, Total Compensation, Office of Human Resource
- Rebecca Ropers, Vice Provost for Faculty Affairs, Office of the Executive Vice President and Provost
- Mani Vang, HR Director, College of Education and Human Development
Nomination and Application Procedures
Nominations for the position should be sent to Kate Stuckert at firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled, but the priority deadline for the submission of applications is March 26, 2021. To apply, please submit a cover letter, current vita or resume, and three professional references via the University of Minnesota employment website as follows:
- For candidates who are external to the University, please go to: https://hr.myu.umn.edu/jobs/ext/339493
- For candidates who are internal to the University, please go to: https://hr.myu.umn.edu/jobs/int/339493
References will not be contacted without prior knowledge and approval by candidates. All candidate names will be confidential – only the names of finalists will be announced publicly.
Position Profile (.pdf)
For More Information
For more information about the search process, please contact:
Kate Stuckert, Senior Assistant to the President, Office of the President
email@example.com | 612-625-8844
The University of Minnesota shall provide equal access to and opportunity in its programs, facilities, and employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, gender, age, marital status, disability, public assistance status, veteran status, sexual orientation, general identity, or gender expression.
The University's mission, carried out on multiple campuses and throughout the state, is threefold: research and discovery, teaching and learning, and outreach and public service.