National Search: Vice President for Human Resources and Chief Human Resources Officer
President Gabel's message to the University community on the search for the Vice President for Human Resources
May 27, 2021
"I’m writing today to announce Ken Horstman as our next Vice President for Human Resources, effective June 14 and pending Board of Regents approval. The Vice President for Human Resources is a critical systemwide position that reports to the President and serves as a key member of the Cabinet. This role provides leadership and administrative oversight and accountability for human resources strategies, programs, and policies. Ken brings to this role deep experience and impressive accomplishments across his career, including a demonstrated commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion. He has built effective working relationships with faculty, staff, and students, works with a high degree of integrity, has a strong commitment to the value of consultation and shared governance, listens authentically to understand the ideas and perspectives of others, and fosters collaboration across a broad range of stakeholders. He has also led tremendous efforts to help all of us navigate the last 14 months of the pandemic."
"Please join me in congratulating Ken and thanking our search co-chairs Mos Kaveh, Dean of the College of Science and Engineering, and Lori Carrell, U of M Rochester Chancellor. We’re also grateful to the entire search committee for their willingness to serve, as well as the strong support and engagement of our University community throughout this competitive national search process."
For More Information
For more information about the search process, please contact:
Kate Stuckert, Senior Assistant to the President, Office of the President
firstname.lastname@example.org | 612-625-8844
- Mos Kaveh, Dean, College of Science and Engineering (co-chair)
- Lori Carrell, Chancellor, University of Minnesota Rochester (co-chair)
- Mattea Allert, Graduate Student, College of Biological Sciences
- Tina Falkner, Director, Office of Student Finance-Office of the Executive Vice President and Provost, and former chair, Benefits Advisory Committee
- Erin Heath, Project Coordinator, Office of Institutional Analysis/Office of the Senior Vice President for Finance & Operations, and chair, P&A Consultative Committee
- Tina Marisam, Director, Office of Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action
- Ray Muno, IT Manager, Aerospace Engineering and Mechanics-CSE, and member, Civil Service Consultative Committee
- Michelle Page, Professor, Division of Education-University of Minnesota Morris, and member of Senate Committee on Faculty Affairs
- Mary Rohman Kuhl, Interim Senior Director, Total Compensation, Office of Human Resource
- Rebecca Ropers, Vice Provost for Faculty Affairs, Office of the Executive Vice President and Provost
- Mani Vang, HR Director, College of Education and Human Development
Position Profile (.pdf)
The University of Minnesota shall provide equal access to and opportunity in its programs, facilities, and employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, gender, age, marital status, disability, public assistance status, veteran status, sexual orientation, general identity, or gender expression.
The University's mission, carried out on multiple campuses and throughout the state, is threefold: research and discovery, teaching and learning, and outreach and public service.