Tax Reminders

Here are a few important reminders for completing your taxes:

Form W-2

Your W-2 forms are available online in MyU (click on the My Pay tab, then on View W2/W2C Forms). If you have trouble opening your W-2, make sure your web browser's pop-up blocker is turned off or allows University sites as an exception. You can find instructions on IT's website.

If you did not opt to get your W-2s exclusively online, you should also have received your W-2 in the mail by now. If you haven't, call 4-UOHR (612-624-8647 or 800-756-2363).

Form 1095-C

If you were enrolled in health benefits in the previous tax year, you will receive your proof-of-health-insurance Form 1095-C in January. If not, call 4-UOHR (612-624-8647 or 800-756-2363).

You will need the form to complete your federal income tax return.

Community Fund Drive Tax Deductions

Remember that you can claim your Community Fund Drive donations as a tax deduction. Your CFD contributions for the year are listed on your final pay statement of each year. In MyU, click on the My Pay tab, then View/Print All Pay Stmts. Your CFD donations are in the YTD column under After-Tax Deductions.

Protecting Your Personal Information

To protect your W-2 and direct deposit information, opt in to Duo Two-Factor Protection. This free service can help reduce the risk of your personal information being compromised should someone learn your Internet password. In MyU, go to the My Info tab and click on Duo Two-Factor Protection.

Other Tax Information You May Need

For more information on federal and state income tax deductions, visit the Office of Human Resources web page on taxes.

If you’d like to determine your eligibility for the IRS Earned Income Credit (EIC), take a look at the IRS’s Notice 797 EIC guidelines.