Graduate Assistant Pay Practices
Academic staff are paid a salary. They do not receive more pay for:
- working more than 40 hours a week
- accepting or responding to work-related calls outside the usual workday
- returning to work outside the usual workday
- working on a University holiday
- the time of day work is performed
Find more information about graduate assistants in the Graduate Assistant Employment Administrative policy.
Graduate assistants are eligible for holiday pay (eligibility varies; see the Graduate Assistant Employment Work Rules for more information).
Graduate assistants are not eligible for:
- Shift differential
- On call