Hiring Finance Professionals
In response to feedback from the University's finance community, the Office of Human Resources has introduced a new, streamlined approach to hiring finance professionals.
Finance Professional 1 and 2 positions from across the University are now combined into a single job posting, allowing candidates to apply just once for all open positions. This new process will not only create a better candidate experience, it has several advantages for hiring managers:
- A dedicated, central recruiter will handle posting, advertising, recruiting, and collecting applications for finance professional openings, avoiding duplicated effort.
- Hiring managers can take advantage of a shared pool of pre-qualified applicants.
- Units will have a list of candidates within two days of their request.
- This "continuous recruiting" process will help retain top finance candidates who might have been turned away once a particular job was filled.
- Units will benefit from an OHR web page just for finance professionals, showcasing current openings.
See our Frequently Asked Questions page for more information.
Staff Contacts for Hiring Finance Professionals
- Jesse Vega, recruiting consultant: firstname.lastname@example.org or 612-624-7844
- Primary contact in OHR Talent Acquisition for unit support in creating a Finance Professional job opening, managing the applicant pool, and selecting applicants
- Recruiting consultants: email@example.com
- OHR Talent Acquisition, available as back-up support to Jesse and to provide additional unit support in hiring
- OHR Contact Center: 4-UOHR (612-624-8647) or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Hiring Process for Finance Professionals
- OHR Hiring Manager Resources: General guidelines and procedures for hiring
- OHR Training Site: Online training courses and job aids for Recruiting Solutions
- University of Minnesota Employment Site: View and apply for job openings
- Office of Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employment Resources: Information and tools such as policy links and interviewing resources