Diversity and Community Connections
The Office for Equity and Diversity is a rich source for diversity information and contacts. Additional resources are available on the following websites:
- Center on Women, Gender, and Public Policy
- Disability Resource Center
- Gender and Sexuality Center for Queer and Trans Life
- Global Programs and Strategy Alliance Campus Information
- Multicultural Center for Academic Excellence
Each program or center listed above provides additional links to related resources within the Twin Cities community.
The Student Activities Office website keeps a list of the academic, cultural, social, and political organizations on campus, many of which are open to faculty and staff.
Candid Conversations with Minority Scholars
The most enlightening way to get information about an area or institution is to have a candid conversation with a local resident or employee. RAP maintains a list of minority scholars who are willing to talk confidentiality with candidates and new hires about life in Minnesota and at the University of Minnesota. If you are interested in speaking with someone on this list, contact the Relocation Assistance Program.
- Black Relocation Association/New Connections: 612-627-9432
- Community Resource Recommendations
- Council for Minnesotans of African Heritage
- Council on Asian-Pacific Minnesotans
- Diversity Minnesota
- Indian Association of Minnesota
- Native American Community Development Institute: American Indian Resource Directory
- Minnesota Legislative Reference Library: Links to Minority Resources