Search: Senior Advisor to the President for Native American Affairs
The Senior Advisor to the President for Native American Affairs is an inaugural position that represents President Joan Gabel’s commitment to strengthening the University’s partnership with the Tribal Nations of the State and helps fulfill the University’s new systemwide strategic plan that calls for the University to prioritize collaborative relationships with our tribal partners.
Position description (.pdf)
Finalist: Karen Diver
Karen Diver resume (.pdf)
Karen addressed her vision for the Office of Native American Affairs at the University of Minnesota and answered questions from the University community in a public presentation. You may view it here.
Search committee membership:
- Kat Hayes, Professor, Anthropology, UMTC (Search Committee Chair)
- Cori Bazemore-James, Director of Retention & Success, Graduate School Diversity Office
- Jill Doerfler, Professor/Head, American Indian Studies, UMD
- Melanie Franks, Graduate Student, Liberal Arts, UMD
- Linda Frizzell, Professor, School of Public Health, UMTC
- Claudia Iron Hawk, Undergraduate Student, UMM
- Tadd Johnson, Professor, American Indian Studies, UMD
- Neil McKay, Senior Teaching Specialist, American Indian Studies/CEHD, UMTC
- Jean O'Brien, Professor, Department of History, UMTC