Civil Service Just Cause Termination of Appointment Letter Checklist
A just cause termination letter for a Civil Service position must include each of the following provisions:
- Indicate that University employment is being terminated for just cause (pdf).
- Describe progressive discipline history, if applicable.
- University job title and corresponding job code.
- Specific University of Minnesota college/campus/administrative unit and, if applicable, department/division for this position.
- Percent time of appointment.
- Appointment type.
- Appointment term.
- Actual end date of the appointment.
- Reference termination is in accordance with the University Civil Services Rules (pdf).
- Referral to Employee Benefits for questions regarding benefit continuation.
- Signature of responsible administrator.
NOTE: Must obtain approval for action from Office of Human Resources.