Graduate Assistant End of Appointment Letter Checklist
A letter ending a graduate assistant position for reasons other than just cause must include each of the following provisions:
- University job title and corresponding job code.
- Specific University of Minnesota college/campus/administrative unit and, if applicable, department/division for this position.
- Student ID.
- Kind of appointment (e.g., regular annual, conditional annual, single-semester, or flexible hourly).
- Percent time of appointment.
- Appointment type.
- Appointment term (length of appointment).
- Actual end date of the appointment.
- Reference ending of appointment is in accordance with the Administrative Policy: Graduate Assistant Employment Policy.
- Referral to resources available within and outside the University (e.g., Boynton Health, etc.).
- Signature of responsible administrator.