P&A Just Cause Termination of Appointment Letter Checklist
Just cause termination letter for a P&A position must include each of the following provisions:
- Indicate that University employment is being terminated for just cause, and describe the reasons.
- University job title and corresponding job code.
- Employee ID.
- Specific University of Minnesota college/campus/administrative unit and, if applicable, department/division for this position
- Percent time of appointment.
- Appointment type.
- Appointment term (length of appointment).
- Actual end date of the appointment.
- Reference termination is in accordance with the Administrative Policy: Early Termination of Appointment for Academic Professional and Administrative Employees.
- Referral to Employee Benefits for questions regarding benefit continuation.
- Signature of responsible administrator.
Note: Must obtain approval for action from Senior Vice President, Academic Health Center or Senior Vice President and Provost; Office of Human Resources; and Office of the General Counsel.