Without Salary Term Faculty Appointment Letter Checklist
The following provisions should be incorporated into the appointment letter:
- University job title and corresponding job code.
Note: When using the title in presentations, publications, business cards, etc., it is expected that the full title including prefixes (e.g., adjunct, clinical) would be used. The title should only be used when conducting University business, or when providing a summary of work experience. Other information/guidelines on the appropriate use of the faculty title may be provided by the appointing department.
- Working job title, if different from the University job title.
- Employee ID.
- Specific University of Minnesota college/campus and department/division for this position.
- Statement that the appointment is a “without salary” term faculty position.
- Percent time of appointment, where appropriate.
- Appointment type.
- Appointment term (length of appointment) including beginning and ending dates.
- Employee can view electronic Notice of Appointment in the My Info tab of MyU. Notice should be consistent with the terms of this appointment letter.
- Listing of appropriate Privileges/Benefits.
- General position responsibilities and performance expectations.
- When required by the Administrative Policy Background Checks and Verifications:
This offer is contingent on the successful completion of a background check. You will receive an email from the University’s background check vendor, HireRight, that will include the link to enter your personal information and authorization for the check. Please enter your information as soon as possible after receiving the link from HireRight Customer Support.
- Indicate that employee must continue to comply with any and all licensing, certification and other requirements of the position.
- Other provisions (e.g., computer).
- Indicate that use of information/data and information technology resources and systems for personal gain or personal business is prohibited.
- Signature of authorized hiring authority.
- Signature of the employee accepting the term and conditions of the position as described in the letter.