The University of Minnesota welcomes military veterans, service members, and their families. We understand that the skills, discipline, dedication, and leadership you developed in the service are invaluable assets.
Like the military, a career at the University is an opportunity to work where your work matters, by supporting the U's mission of education, research, and outreach. Here you can continue your public service at one of the world's premier public research universities. Our high employee satisfaction scores are comparable to top-performing corporations. Surveys consistently show that U of M employees are happy with their jobs, the people they work with, and the benefits they receive.
Join more than 1,000 military veterans who work at the University. Our current job openings offer a remarkable range of opportunities for service members who want to take the next step in their civilian careers. Whatever your chosen field, you can find a position here that's right for you.
Wondering how your military skills apply to our available jobs? This Civilian-to-Military Occupation Translator helps service members match their military experience to civilian occupations.
For questions or more information, contact our Talent Acquisition recruiter for military veterans:
The Benefits of Working at the U
A career at the University comes with competitive pay and great benefits, including:
- Full medical, dental, and pharmacy plans
- Free or reduced tuition to pursue your professional development or continue your education while you work
- A comprehensive Wellbeing Program to support your physical, emotional, financial, and social health
- Leadership development and training
- University Veterans Services
- Helpful links for veterans
- University Veteran Students (career resources)