How To Get A Fee Reimbursement
When you successfully complete a wellbeing program that has fees, you can get at least some of those fees paid back to you. Each program has its own rules for who can get a fee reimbursement, and how much you can get back.
As of January 1, 2018, reimbursements for completing a reimbursable wellbeing program are now processed through the University's payroll service and you no longer have to sign up with a third party vendor. If you complete the attendance requirements of your class or program, your fee reimbursement will be credited to you in your paycheck within 8 weeks. This affects reimbursements for:
- Weight Watchers on Campus
- Fit Choices gym reimbursement
- Nice Ride MN employee discounts
- Cross Training Express
- Group Strength Express
- Heart Rate Express
- Kettlebell Express
- Yoga 101
- Mindfulness at Work
- Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction
- Cooking for Wellness—The Basics
- Cooking for Wellness—Getting Creative
Reimbursements for Spouses
If your spouse is covered under your UPlan policy and has participated in and completed a reimbursable program, her or his reimbursement will process through your payroll using the same timeline as described above.
If you completed a reimbursable program in 2017, you must create an account to receive your reimbursement. You will need your:
- seven-digit U of M employee ID number
- bank account's routing and account number
- Register for the wellbeing program you're interested in and pay the course fee upfront
- Complete the requirements for the course
- Register an account with 121 Benefits (instructions below) and make sure your bank account's routing and account number are on file
- Your course manager will tell the Wellbeing Program that you completed a program and will start the reimbursement process. Please allow 6-8 weeks for your reimbursement to process and be deposited into your account
Register with 121 Benefits
- Go to www.121benefits.com
- Hover your cursor over the “Participants” tab at the top and click on "FSA-HRA-HSA Login"
- On the left side of the screen, enter your seven-digit U of M employee ID number as both your username and password under "Existing User?" If you are a spouse eligible for reimbursement, add "01" to the end of the U of M employee ID number
- You will be asked to change your password at this time
Register Your Bank Information
- Log in to your 121 Benefits account
- Click the "Profile" tab at the top right of your account page
- Click "Banking" on the left side of the screen
- Click "Add Bank Account"
- Follow the instructions to add your banking information
If you don't feel like you've received a fee reimbursement in an appropriate amount of time (remember it may take up to 8 weeks to process), please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 4-UOHR to talk to a Wellbeing Program administrator.