- Wellness Advocates are department and unit volunteers who are committed to: Promoting Wellness Program programs and campaigns within their workplace
- Participating in wellness advocate activities
What is involved?
Wellness advocates should receive the approval of their supervisor before participating. Wellness advocates spend approximately 2-3 hours of work time on wellness-related activities per month, which may include: :
- Distributing materials, such as handing out flyers, and posting posters.
- Communicating about the Wellness Program and campus wellness activities via email, voice mail, etc.,
- Recommending healthy treats or lunches for department retreats, parties, festivities, etc.
- Organizinga walking group with colleagues.
Interested in Becoming a Wellness Advocate?
Contact the Wellness Program to learn more about being a wellness advocate or to volunteer today.