For there to be a genuine culture of wellness, wellbeing, and work-life balance at the University of Minnesota, we need champions at the local level. Wellness Champions serve as an inspirational voice in their school or department to not only promote the U’s Wellness Program, but also take leadership to build an authentic wellness culture in their workplace.
- Promote University wellness programs and events to their colleagues. Champions also bring their colleagues’ ideas and comments back to Wellness Program administrators and fellow Champions so our programs can get even better.
- Provide leadership in their school or department to encourage a healthy work environment and healthy work practices for fellow colleagues.
- Encourage colleagues to be their healthy best and to better manage work-life demands.
- Serve as a role model for making healthy lifestyle choices.
- Attend two half-day retreats a year (typically scheduled in the fall and spring semesters) and participate in an average of 2-3 hours of other activities a month.
Become a Champion
If you’re interested in making your workplace a healthier place to work, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know what school or department you work in. We recommend you talk to your supervisor for approval before reaching out.