Events and Workshops
Financial Health and Retirement Webinars
- LSS Webinars. Gain financial knowledge by attending virtual classes offered by LSS Financial, the official financial counseling provider to University employees. Each session earns 200 Wellbeing Points!
- Happier Holidays, Tuesday, October 26, 1:00 to 2:00 p.m. Discover how to use three core principles of personal finance to have more joy and less stress this holiday season. Register here.
- Scam-proof Your Finances, Tuesday, November 16, 12:30 to 1:30 p.m. Stay safe online by learning strategies and using the free resources that will be covered in this webinar. Register here.
- Women and Money, Tuesday, November 23, noon to 1:00 p.m. Debunk stereotypes and explore factors that affect women and finance. Register here.
- Financial Stress Busters, Wednesday, December 8, 11:00 a.m. to noon. Write your own money mission statement and learn methods to regain a sense of control over your finances. Register here.
Center for Spirituality & Healing Events
- Mindful Mondays. Attend free drop-in virtual sessions that feature mindfulness and gentle movement exercises on Mondays from noon to 1 p.m. Each session earns 50 Wellbeing Points. Register here.
- Monthly Webinars. Learn about a variety of mindfulness topics by tuning in to the Center for Spirituality and Healing's free montly webinars. Each webinar earns 200 Wellbeing Points.
- Exploring the Intersections of Leadership, Equity, Inclusion, & YOU, Thursday, October 28, from 9:00 to 10:30 a.m. This webinar will focus on the ways in which leadership, equity, and inclusion intersect and require personal reflection. Register here.
- The Relationship between Climate Change and Health and What You Can Do About It, Thursday, November 4, from noon to 1 p.m. Learn about the ways in which climate change and health intersect. Register here.
- Bakken Center Mindfulness Programs Information Session, Wednesday, December 1, from noon to 1 p.m. Attend to get an introduction to meditation and how to integrate mindfulness practices into your daily life. Register here.
- "Who Do You Want To Be When You Grow Old? The Path of Purposeful Aging" Book Club Conversation with Richard Leider, Wednesday, January 12, from noon to 1 p.m. Join us for a book conversation with Richard Leider. Register here.
Healthy Foods, Healthy Lives Institute Events
- Fall Comfort Food - Polenta, Beans & Produce, Tuesday, November 2, noon to 1:15 p.m. Learn to use late autumn produce and pantry staples to create two vegetable pairings that are easy to prepare and serve with polenta. Register here.
Boynton Health Events
- Boynton Group Health Coaching. Attend free webinars on a variety of health-related topics. Find upcoming events.
- Diabetes Mellitus Basics and Strategies for Prevention, Wednesday, November 17, from noon to 1 p.m.
Health Benefits Workshop
This workshop is for employees who are interested in learning more about their benefit options—medical, dental, pre-tax flexible spending accounts, life insurance, and disability benefits—and would like assistance before completing their enrollment online. This workshop complements the New Employee Welcome by providing detailed benefits information. New employees should plan to attend the earliest session following their start date at the University. Please register in advance.
If you have questions, call 612-624-8647, select option 1, to reach Employee Benefits.
|Friday, September 17||9:00 to 10:30 a.m.||Zoom meeting|
|Friday, October 15||9:00 to 10:30 a.m.||Zoom meeting|
|Friday, November 19||9:00 to 10:30 a.m.||Zoom meeting|
|Friday, December 17||9:00 to 10:30 a.m.||Zoom meeting|
If you are not able to attend a scheduled workshop, you can view the slides for the Health Benefits Workshop presentation. Workshop slides (PDF)