Access Your Retirement Plans
For first-time users, you can find help with NetBenefits here.
- Primary Retirement Plans
- Save More Through Voluntary Retirement Plans
- More Retirement Resources
- Looking for Help?
Benefits-eligible employees are automatically enrolled in a primary retirement plan based on their employee group:
Faculty and P&A are invested in a defined contribution plan known as a 401(a) plan administered by Fidelity Investments. Learn more about plan eligibility, performance, and the Senate Committee on Faculty Affairs Retirement Subcommittee.
This is a defined benefit savings plan, commonly known as a pension, provides a monthly benefit for life. Eligible employees are automatically enrolled starting the first day of employment. Learn more about the General Plan by visiting the MSRS site or watching a short video.
Faculty and staff can save additional money for retirement through one or both voluntary plans:
You are eligible to contribute to a voluntary plan if you are a Faculty, P&A, Civil Service, or Labor-Represented employee paid on a continuous basis.
- Compare all of the retirement plans (primary and voluntary) (pdf)
- Compare the Faculty Retirement Plan and Minnesota State Retirement System (pdf)
- University retirement-related workshops and events
- Call the Benefits Contact Center 612-624-8647 or 800-756-2363.
- Call Fidelity at 800-343-0860 for help or investment advice.
- Minnesota State Retirement System participants can call 651-296-2761 or 800-657-5757.