Retirement Savings

Access Your Retirement Plans

For first-time users, you can find help with NetBenefits here.

Go to:

Primary Retirement Plans

Benefits-eligible employees are automatically enrolled in a primary retirement plan based on their employee group:

FRP - UMN Faculty Retirement Plan logo

Faculty Retirement Plan: For Faculty and P&A Staff

Faculty and P&A are invested in a defined contribution plan known as a 401(a) plan administered by Fidelity Investments. Learn more about plan eligibility, performance, and the Senate Committee on Faculty Affairs Retirement Subcommittee.

MSRS - Minnesota State Retirement System logo

Minnesota State Retirement System (MSRS): For Civil Service and Labor-Represented Staff

This is a defined benefit savings plan, commonly known as a pension, provides a monthly benefit for life. Eligible employees are automatically enrolled starting the first day of employment. Learn more about the General Plan by visiting the MSRS site, watching a short video, or signing up for upcoming webinars through MSRS.

Back to top

Save More with Voluntary Retirement Plans

Faculty and staff can save additional money for retirement through one or both voluntary plans:

You are eligible to contribute to a voluntary plan if you are a Faculty, P&A, Civil Service, or Labor-Represented employee paid on a continuous basis.

Back to top

More Retirement Resources

Back to top

Looking for Help?

  • Call the Benefits Contact Center 612-624-8647 or 800-756-2363.
  • Call Fidelity at 800-343-0860 for help or investment advice.
  • Minnesota State Retirement System participants can call 651-296-2761 or 800-657-5757.