Graduate Assistant Just Cause Termination of Appointment Letter Checklist
A just cause termination letter for a Graduate Assistant position must include each of the following provisions:
- Indicate that University employment is being terminated for just cause, and describe the reasons.
- University job title and corresponding job code.
- Student ID.
- Specific University of Minnesota college/campus/administrative unit and, if applicable, department/division for this position.
- Kind of appointment (e.g., regular annual, conditional annual, single-semester, or flexible hourly).
- Percent time of appointment.
- Appointment type.
- Appointment term.
- Actual end date of the appointment.
- Reference termination is in accordance with the Administrative Policy: Graduate Assistant Employment Policy.
- Referral to Employee Benefits for questions regarding benefit continuation.
- Signature of responsible administrator.
NOTE: Obtain approval for action from Office of Human Resources and Office of the General Counsel.