P&A Program Curtailment Termination of Appointment Letter Checklist
A program curtailment termination letter for a P&A position must include each of the following provisions:
- Indicate that University employment is being terminated for program curtailment and, if appropriate, describe briefly.
- University job title and corresponding job code.
- Employee ID.
- Specific University of Minnesota college/campus/administrative unit and, if applicable, department/division for this position.
- Percent time of appointment.
- Appointment type.
- Appointment term (length of appointment).
- Actual end date of the appointment. Note: Notice shall be provided in compliance with the notice requirement set forth in the Administrative Policy: Academic Staff Non-Renewal of Appointment, unless there are compelling reasons to the contrary. Employees on continuous appointments either receive one-year's notice or comparable severance.
- Reference termination is in accordance with Board of Regents and University policy.
- Referral to Employee Benefits for questions regarding benefit continuation and also to other resources within and outside the University.
- Signature of responsible administrator.
NOTE: Must obtain approval for action from senior vice president, Academic Health Center or senior vice president and Provost; Office of Human Resources; and Office of the General Counsel.