If you have not yet registered, please use the button below to sign up. After that you can use the buttons above to log-in. In order to register, please follow the registration information below.
The 2020-2021 Wellbeing Program year kicked off with some exciting changes. The University's vendor, RedBrick Health, has merged with Virgin Pulse which means that past participants will have a new online platform experience that provides more options and customization. The new platform offers an engaging mobile app to stay connected with the Wellbeing Program no matter where you are. Returning participants will have new log-in process (see below) to get started on the new platform. You can start earning rewards the day you log-on to the Virgin Pulse platform.
Many of the Wellbeing Program features remain the same:
- UPlan members can continue to save either $500 or $750 on their 2022 premiums by earning either 500 or 750 points through the program, depending on who is covered on their UPlan policy.
- The Wellbeing Program year runs from October 1, 2020, to August 31, 2021, and the deadline to earn points is August 31, 2021.
- Only University employees who are enrolled in the UPlan Medical Program (and their enrolled spouse) are eligible to participate in the Wellbeing Program.
- See the chart, below, for specific information on how many points you need to earn to get a discount:
|If your UPlan coverage is:||You need to earn at least:||To save this amount in 2022:|
|Employee and Children||500 points||$500|
|Employee and Spouse with or without Children||750 points (your spouse can earn up to 250 of these points)||$750|
Additional Support for Emotional Wellbeing and Parenting
The Wellbeing Program offers new options to support emotional intelligence, resilience, and mindfulness through Whil via the Virgin Pulse platform. For those who are looking to become or are parents, Ovia supports you and your fertility, pregnancy, and parenting and includes coaching options. Both programs provide additional options for self-care while earning Wellbeing Program points.
- Opt-in and registration on the Virgin Pulse portal will be required. Participating employees (and their covered spouses) will need to opt-in to the program by registering a new username and password by using their legal last name, preferred first name, and 7-digit employee ID number. Employees must voluntarily opt-in to the Virgin Pulse portal to participate in programs and receive points.
- Even if you were a previous participant in the Wellbeing Program, you will have to register in the new Virgin Pulse portal starting October 1, 2020. Employees were sent an email from Virgin Pulse inviting them to register for the new portal. UPlan members will be able to use their University username and password through single-sign-on after registering.
- Look for the new link sent on October 1. You can access the new portal starting in October.
- How to register in the Virgin Pulse portal:
- UPlan-covered spouses who want to participate in the program will need to register as well using the 7-digit employee ID number of the UPlan member plus their legal last name.
- Spouses will need to put "S" after the employee ID number during registration:
Example: If the employee ID number is "1234567," the spouse registers with "1234567S"
- Spouses must earn 250 points to count toward the 750 total. Unlike in previous years, UPlan-covered spouses who choose to participate will need to earn the full 250 points to have their points count toward the 750 point total. There is no requirement for spouses to participate, and an employee with spouse coverage may earn all 750 points by themselves.
- Points earned by spouses will not appear on the employee’s total in the new portal. Spouses participating in the Wellbeing Program will not sync their points with their employee spouse's points. Please communicate with your spouse to confirm that you have earned enough points.
For questions relating to registration issues, portal questions, syncing devices, and questions on last year's points, please contact Virgin Pulse:
- Website: support.virginpulse.com
- Live chat: member.virginpulse.com (Monday – Friday, 1 am – 8 pm CT)
- 1-833-996-1870 (Monday – Friday, 7 am – 8 pm CT; Accepts TTY services)
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
For UMN specific programs, you can contact email@example.com
A Recognized Wellness Program
The University of Minnesota earned the Gold+Green award for 2019. Wellness by Design Awards are presented to Hennepin County employers that demonstrate accomplishments in management support, wellness infrastructure, communication, and programming directed at improving employee health. This award recognizes employers with successful health promotion efforts and the University received the "+Green" designation because it minimized its impact on the environment.