If you have not yet registered, please use the button below to sign up. After that you can use the buttons above to log-in. In order to register, please follow the registration information below.
- What's Changing in the Program
- What's Staying the Same in the Program
- Changes to the Wellbeing Program Online Experience
- Contact Us
2020-2021 Program Year
Our vendor, RedBrick Health, is merging with Virgin Pulse which will bring some changes:
- New online platform experience for 2020-21 starting October 1.
- A wide range of digital health options for employees and their participating spouses. We’re excited for you to see and try the new online experience which will provide more options and more customization.
- New platform = new log-in. The online experience will change slightly for participating employees and their spouses so there will be a few steps you and your spouse will need to take to get started (see information on the change to the online experience, below).
Many of the Wellbeing Program features will remain the same:
- UPlan members can continue to save either $500 or $750 on their 2022 premiums by earning either 500 or 750 points through the program, depending on who is covered on their UPlan policy.
- The Wellbeing Program year will run from October 1, 2020, to August 31, 2021, and the deadline to earn points for the program year will be August 31, 2021.
- Only University employees who are enrolled in the UPlan Medical Program (and their enrolled spouse) are eligible to participate in the Wellbeing Program.
- Keep on riding with the Bike Commuter Program. Track your rides on this form and earn 2 points per day up to 125 rides (250 points total) between September 1, 2020, and August 31, 2021, towards the Wellbeing Program. Email your completed, signed, and dated form by August 31, 2021, to Steve Sanders in Parking and Transportation at email@example.com with the subject as: “Completed Bike Commuter Form.” You can expect to receive your points approximately 3-6 weeks from when your form is received.
- The dates to earn Medica Fit Choices points for exercising at a Medica-approved fitness facility count from August 1, 2020, and July 31, 2021. You or your spouse can earn 2 points per day up to 250 points. Learn more about the Fit Choices Program from Medica.
- See the chart below for specific information on how many points you need to earn to get a discount:
|If your UPlan coverage is:||You need to earn at least:||To save this amount in 2022:|
|Employee and Children||500 points||$500|
|Employee and Spouse with or without Children||750 points (your spouse can earn up to 250 of these points)||$750|
- Opt-in and registration on the Virgin Pulse portal will be required. Participating employees (and their covered spouses) will need to opt-in to the program by registering a new username and password by using their legal last name, preferred first name, and 7-digit employee ID number. Employees must voluntarily opt-in to the Virgin Pulse portal to participate in programs and receive points.
- Even if you were a previous participant in the Wellbeing Program, you will have to register in the new Virgin Pulse portal starting October 1, 2020. Employees will receive an email from Virgin Pulse on October 1 inviting them to register for the new portal. UPlan members will be able to use their University username and password through single sign-on after registering.
- Look for the new link on October 1. You'll be able to access the new portal starting in October.
- How to register in the Virgin Pulse portal, starting October 1:
- UPlan-covered spouses who want to participate in the program will need to register as well using the 7-digit employee ID number of the UPlan member plus their legal last name.
- Spouses will need to put "S" after the employee ID number during registration:
Example: If the employee ID number is "1234567," the spouse registers with "1234567S"
- Spouses must earn 250 points to count toward the 750 total. Unlike in previous years, UPlan-covered spouses who choose to participate will need to earn the full 250 points to have their points count toward the 750 point total. There is no requirement for spouses to participate, and an employee with spouse coverage may earn all 750 points by themselves.
- Points earned by spouses will not appear on the employee’s total in the new portal. Spouses participating in the Wellbeing Program will not sync their points with their employee spouse's points. Please communicate with your spouse to confirm that you have earned enough points.
For questions relating to registration issues, portal questions, syncing devices, and questions on last year's points, please contact Virgin Pulse:
- Website: support.virginpulse.com
- Live chat: member.virginpulse.com (Monday – Friday, 1 am – 8 pm CT)
- 1-833-996-1870 (Monday – Friday, 7 am – 8 pm CT; Accepts TTY services)
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
For UMN specific programs, you can contact email@example.com
A Recognized Wellness Program
The University of Minnesota earned the Gold+Green award for 2019. Wellness by Design Awards are presented to Hennepin County employers that demonstrate accomplishments in management support, wellness infrastructure, communication, and programming directed at improving employee health. This award recognizes employers with successful health promotion efforts and the University received the "+Green" designation because it minimized its impact on the environment.