Log in to RedBrick Health
If you are a spouse on your UPlan, you need to register your account first. Please have your UPlan member's employee ID number ready. If you were recently hired as an employee, you won't be able to access your RedBrick account until 10 days after your UPlan benefits become effective.
- Wellbeing Program Opportunities During COVID-19
- 2019-2020 Program Changes
- Current Plan Year Information
We recognize this is a stressful time for many University employees and their families we want you to know there are so many programs and resources you can take part in that will earn you wellbeing points.
We are proud to say that all our health coaching programs are available on every campus via Zoom and phone. You can earn up to 250 points with each coaching program. See below for more details:
- Face-to-Face Health Coaching is now available virtually via Zoom on the Duluth, Morris and Twin Cities campuses (Crookston and Rochester employees can also access virtual health coaching through Boynton Health). Whether you want to continue your health coaching sessions or are newly interested in health coaching, please make an appointment by clicking on your campus listed above. By attending each virtual face-to-face session, you will receive 25 wellbeing points up to 250 points towards your incentive.
- Group Health Coaching is also now available on all campuses virtually via Zoom. Each session you attend earns you 25 points up to 250 points towards your incentive.
- Schedule a health coaching appointment by phone with RedBrick Phone Coaching and earn 25 points per session up to 250 points.
Periodic Wellbeing Challenges have proven popular and we’re scheduling one more this summer. The next Challenge is called Power Down to Power Up and it runs from July 20 to August 14 (registration begins on July 13).
When you track one wellbeing activity at least 30 out of 40 days, you’ll earn 100 points. More details be announced shortly via email.
Financial Literacy Course
Four Cornerstones of Financial Literacy has expanded and has room for even more participants now. The course, offered through LSS, has transitioned to similar online course called Foundations of Financial Wellness. Just as you would for the Four Cornerstones classes, if you attend all four classes, you will receive 100 wellbeing points.
Biometric Health Screenings
While many screening opportunities throughout U campuses are postponed by the COVID-19 pandemic, if you happen to have a physical or similar appointment with your physician, you can have their office fill out the Biometric Health Screening form. Once completed, you can upload the form (or simply a copy of your physical results) and send it to RedBrick to earn 150 points.
Bike Commuter Program
While you are likely not biking past the RFID reading stations, you can keep track of the bike rides you take using this form. By marking the dates of your bike rides, you can submit this form before August 31, 2020, and still get 2 points per ride.
The Healthy Foods, Healthy Lives Institute is currently offering online cooking classes through Zoom. Not only will these classes help you adopt healthier cooking strategies as you’re at home more, you can also earn 50 points each class. You can register for the cooking classes here.
Virtual Resources through The Wellbeing Program
Remember, many of our programs are already available online for you to earn points. You can:
- Track your activity and earn 1 point a day through RedBrick Track (up to 150 points). If you connect a fitness tracker to RedBrick Track, you can automatically have that activity tracked.
- Get credit for wellbeing activities you're already doing and earn 25 points for each activity through Wellbeing My Way (up to 125 points).
- Take self-directed courses through RedBrick Journeys and earn up to 200 points.
Other Wellbeing Resources
Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
During this time it is normal to feel added stress and worry. The University’s EAP through Sand Creek offers free and confidential counseling to all employees and their dependents. This program provides access to counselors, including 24/7 access to a Sand Creek clinician if the need is urgent.
Here are some great resources Sand Creek put together that are relevant to the moment:
Confidential financial counseling is available to University employees through LSS Counseling. Go to the website or call 800-528-2926 for more information. Services include budgeting, debt consolidation, and more.
Earl E. Bakken Center for Spirituality & Healing
Our partners at The Bakken Center have a trove of great wellbeing resources to offer the University community during the COVID-19 pandemic.
For many programs, you will now be rewarded as you complete an activity with no minimums required. Plus, your points will show up on the RedBrick portal shortly following your activity instead of months later.
You can save either $500 or $750 on your premiums in 2020, depending on whether you have a spouse who is covered. See the chart below for specific information on how many points you need to earn to get a discount:
|If your UPlan coverage is:||You need to earn at least:||To save this amount in 2020:|
|Employee and Children||500 points||$500|
|Employee and Spouse with or without Children||750 points (your spouse can earn up to 250 of these points)||$750|
Only University employees who are enrolled in the UPlan Medical Program (and their enrolled spouse) are eligible to participate in the Wellbeing Program. The Wellbeing Program year runs from October 1, 2019 to August 31, 2020.
Gold + Green Award
The University of Minnesota has achieved the Gold +Green award for 2019! This bi-annual award program and celebration recognizes employers with successful health promotion efforts. Worksites that also minimize their impact on the environment may receive a +Green designation.
The award recognizes organizations that make employee health a priority through creative and effective wellness initiatives.
Wellness by Design Awards are presented to Hennepin County employers that demonstrate accomplishments in management support, wellness infrastructure, communication, and programming directed at improving employee health.